The double waterfall hairstyle is one of the dreamiest, most princess like and romantic hairstyles which looks right out of a fairytale storybook. We are totally in love with this hairstyle and bring you the steps to make it – so that you can do it yourself.
Double Waterfall Braid Hairstyle DIY Steps
How To Make Double Waterfall Braid Hairstyle
- Start by combing your hair well. This style needs hair which is totally devoid of any knots or tangles.
- Take a section of hair above your ear and start making a simple French braid, going downwards. This French braid will later on be merged with the waterfall braid.
- Once the French braid reaches the ear, instead of going down further, you have to take the braid sideways to make the waterfall braid. However, the steps will be like the ones used for the French braid – though, with a new variation added to it.
Double Waterfall Braid Hairstyle DIY
- For the waterfall braid, you will continue with the steps of the French braid but instead of using the top most portion of the three sections, used to make the braid, to make the next braid link – you will drop it. This will constitute the waterfall part.
- Next, you have to replace the section you dropped – for this, pick up a new section of hair right behind where you want to position the ongoing waterfall braid. This section should be of the same width to match with the other sections that are being used to make the braid.
- Continue with the above two steps – dropping a section and picking up a new one till you reach the other side of the hair, and the waterfall braid is encircling your head. Secure the end in place with a hair pin.
- Now, move on to the lower part of the double waterfall braid. This second waterfall braid will lie about two to three inches below the first braid. You will start by following the same steps as you did for the top part of this hairstyle. However, there will be a slight change in the steps because this lower braid has to look interwoven with the top one. In order to do so, you have to include the dropped pieces from the top braid into the lower one. You will do this by including the pieces right in the middle of each link of the braid – and plait around it so that it flows directly through the lower waterfall braid. (See Photo)
- Once the waterfall braid reaches the side of your head, make a simple braid that goes down along the length of the hair till it reaches the very end. Secure it with a hair elastic.
Hairstyle DIY- How To Make Double Waterfall Braid Hairstyle
It may take a bit of time and practice to master the steps of the double waterfall braid; however, it is well worth the effort. If you think it is too much too handle on your own, the first time around – then you can always take someone’s help. Once you get the hang of the waterfall braid style, you can experiment with more variations that revolve around it.