The two row Dutch braids and buns are basically based on one main hairstyle – the Dutch braid. This type of a braid is a lot like the French one, except that it follows the inverted pattern of the French braid. This is the reason why the Dutch braid is also popularly called the inverted braid.
Here, we bring you two different hairstyles that center on the Dutch braid and as long as you know how to make that, you can easily do the hairstyles shown here.
Below are the steps to make the Dutch braid. However, don’t start right away on it – do so only after you go to the section on “Steps for the Two Row Dutch Braids”. There it has been mentioned when to start with the Dutch braid.
Steps for making the Dutch braid
Dutch Braids Hairstyle
- Divide the section into three parts – where the middle part is the thickest and the other two sides are thinner.
- Now take the middle part and again divide into three sub sections. Place the right sub section under the center, and then place the left sub section under the center. So basically the braiding begins like a normal one, the only difference is that instead of placing each part over another – you place them under.
- Now slowly start adding strands from the main right part (the one belonging to the original parting) and add them to the strands of the right sub section (the subparting which is being used to make the braid) when you are placing them under the center.
- Repeat the above step with the left main part and left sub section.
- Keep on repeating the above two steps till you run out of strands from the main part to add to the Dutch braid. At this stage make a normal braid till you reach the tips of your hair
- Secure in place with a hair elastic.
Steps for making the Two Row Dutch Braids
Two Row Dutch Braids Hairstyle
- Brush the hair well to get rid of tangles and make it smooth
- Part hair into two sections from the middle, right from the starting of your hairline to the back where the neck starts.
- With each section you have to make a Dutch braid.
Steps for making the Two Row Dutch Braids Bun
How to Make Two Row Dutch Braids and Bun Hairstyle
- Gather both the Dutch braids near your nape and make a bun with it. Pin it with the help of bobby pins so that it is secured properly in place.
- You can wear this hairstyle simply or adorn it with flowers (see photo). You could tuck in dainty flowers in the hollow sections of the braids and on the bun. Additionally, you can simply choose to adorn the bun with different types of pink and white flowers – or any flower for that matter, according to your choice.
Two Row Dutch Braids and Bun Hairstyle
Well, now nothing is stopping you from flaunting this beautiful hairstyle that can be done up in different ways, so why don’t you get up and start on it!