So Halloween is nearing and you are ready with our own costume, your husband’s and kids’ as well if you have them but you forgot your other most important family member – your best friend your dog. But now is no time to order online or run to the store to get one? Don’t worry as you can make your very own dog costume that is very cute indeed all at home.
Costume #1 Ghost
Oh so we have all seen ghosts in white bed sheets. They float around covered in white but can only humans become a ghost? Well, your dog can too.
Halloween DIY Ghost Costume for your Dog
- Simply take a plain white cloth, instruct your dog to sit.
- Put the cloth on him and quickly measure or mark how much of the cloth will cover him.
- Next, cut the cloth according to his size, with a little extra margin on all sides just in case.
- Measure again and next feel where his eyes, nose and mouth is and take the cloth off.
- Cut Holes for his eyes, nose and mouth and try it on.
- If it fits, then perfect or else make some little changes according to the fit.
Ghost Costume for your Dog Halloween DIY
So you are basically done in a short amount of time.
Costume # 2 Devil Horns
This next costume simply requires clay in two colors and a little time.
Halloween Ghost Costume for your Dog
- Take clay, kneed it to make it easy to use.
- Make small horns from the color of your choice, if you want gold horns, you can paint them too with acrylic colors to a decent neatness.
- Next out of clay, make a frame small frame in which fit the horns as shown in picture.
- Fit them together and bake these in oven.
- Once it is set, glue it either on his collar and adjust to be worn over the head. Or else if your dog is comfortable drill a hole through the clay and put an elastic in it.
So happy Halloween to your human friends as well as your dear dog!