The three strand braid on your little girl maybe a hairstyle she often sports. But what if she is headed to a wedding with you a birthday party perhaps? The same regular braid will not do and the occasion deserves something special. But before you start feeling restless because hairstylists charge a lot for dressier hair, hear us out.
Little Girls Hairstyle DIY – Inside out French Braided Ponytail
Just by changing the type of braid and its position, a very unique, chic yet easy hairstyle is possible. Moreover you can easily do-it-yourself on your little girl. Simply follow the steps below and you are set to see a delightful hairdo, without any cost.
You will need
- A wide tooth comb
- Bobby pins
- Elastic Band
- Fancy Hair tie
- Start by combing your girl’s hair with a wide tooth comb to remove any knots.
- Part her hair towards one side. Then leaving just a hint of the parting, comb all the hair backwards.
- Take a section of hair from over her ear and divide it into three equal parts.
- Take another section from over the other ear and separate it from the rest of the hair.
- Create the braid by bringing the outside strand UNDER the middle strand.
- Once you are done with bringing each of the outer strands ONCE under the middle one, you will need to add hair.
Little Girls Hairstyle French Braided Ponytail
- To do so, pick some more hair the same side as the outer strand, add to it and again take it under the middle one.
- Repeat on the other side and for the rest of the hair until you reach the nape of the neck.
- Tie the braid with an elastic band here, to avoid it getting loose.
- Take the separated section from the other ear and bring over the inside out French braid, while twisting it.
- If the need be, hold the twists in place with bobby pins.
- Holding both the braid and the twisted section together, tie with the fancy hair tie on the side.
Little Girls Hairstyle DIY – Braided Ponytail
Optional: If the hair texture is not wavy below the pony tail, you wrap a few sections over a curling rod loosely to create waves.
- Braids look best when the hair are clean and washed.
- If you do not have a fancy hair tie, use a regular one. Use pearl hair pins or artificial flowers in the braid for decoration.
- Do not worry about fly-aways in this hairdo, as the look desired is not very neat.
This hairstyle looks beautiful with a short dress if your little girl is going to an event. For a casual day too you can make this easy hairstyle. Pair with a halter top and shorts. Another possible look is with a cute top and short skater skirt.
Wasn’t that one easy hairstyle and yet sophisticated looking? The right mix for a mom looking to make her pretty little one even prettier. Give it a shot the next time you are confused about her hairdo.