Hair stylists suggest
- If your hair is going to be cutting edge- cut it short. History repeats itself and Bobs is no exception – they are back in scene again. Only this time they are in all lengths and variations that you can think of. Bangs and bobs are being experimented with like never before. Cacharel has used this very effectively on the ramp, where smart, sleek short and neck length bob is made even more beautiful and chic with bangs and central and side partings .
Styling ideas and best for:
- Asymmetrical bobs, a La Victoria Beckham or singer Rihanna style, with one side shorter than the other and bangs look great on androgynous narrow faces. Check with your hair stylist if you are unsure if really short bobs will suit you if you have a round, square or full face. There could be a variation of this look where the front sits lower or higher than the back. Bobs can be neck length as well though never longer than that.
- It is a great style if you want to portray an alert, positive image of yourself. It oozes oodles of confidence and the wearer comes across as extremely professional. It is a contemporary look as well.
How to create the look:
- Once you have invested in a good bob( I would recommend trying a good hair dresser for this), the look is easy to maintain. All you will need is perhaps a good texturizing product if he bob is short and you want to try different looks and a snip every fortnight to keep it in shape. It is a smart look no doubt and you could make it more interesting with adding layers and colors and highlights, and parting it differently – center or side.
Extra glam solutions and pair with:
- You could play around with looks, shorten your hair, have bangs; increase the length, have asymmetrical lengths on either side. Whatever you try, remember it is chic! Pair your bobs with smart wear – be it formal or casual – the look conveyed should be chic and ultra cool…messy, slept in look is a big no no as it directly contrasts your hair style.
Messy, slept in look
- A trend that is surely on its way out is the messy, slept in look. Not many designers used this on their cat walks except Diesel and Proenza. Diesel models had a frumpy, messy look in a blonde with a brownish tinge , whereas the latter had models walking with side parted slept in careless braided look. 2011 spring plans big time on smarter, cleaner cuts and a confident lady who is very much in control of her life! So messy is out and what is in any of the above sleek cuts!