Though Holt Renfrew put up a great show with the presentation of his Fall-winter 2012 collection at Toronto’s world Mastercard fashion week on 12th March, 2012 in Toronto Canada, what intrigued us the most were the French-inspired minimalistic hairstyles of the models. Bringing back the 1920’s and having the favorite hairdo of the 1980’s show up in a revamped state with colored statement pieces and oversized houndstooth prints on the runway, we couldn’t be happier.
A trick for instant allure, to get your shiny locks to stay in place and all you got to do is spread the magic with a side parting in your hair. Hot up any outfit with a deep side parting in your hair, and you can rock this look no matter how short or long your hair is. This one parting grants us the centre-of-attention status with a little extra effort on putting our hair down. We give you an insight of how to have this look work for you.
Hairstyle How To: Extreme Side Parted Silky Straight Hair
- Wash your hair thoroughly with the shampoo best suited for your hair-type. Dry your hair completely using a hair dryer.
- Brush your hair only when the tresses are completely dry to avoid breakage and further damage to the hair. Brush your hair starting from the ends to the roots of the hair. De-tangle your hair and check for split-ends.
- Now brush your hair forward and then swoop it one side.
- With the help of a tail comb, leave two inches away from the ear and create a parting. Ideally the position of the parting should be above the arch of your eyebrow.
- The parting should be created from the forehead to the crown of the head.
- Once the parting is done, you can use a gloss serum for a shiny appearance of the hair and brush through again for a smoother look.
- You can even mist your hair with some hairspray to keep the hair in place.
- Just one-parting is enough to add volume to your hair and have an edge over the others.
- One can be experimental and try the famous zig-zag parting too.
- You can even tie your hair in a ponytail or bun it up, along with the side part.
- Make sure there are no split-ends, as it will not have the hair appear silky and smooth and hamper hair growth and quality.
- Mostly, a parting looks better and stays more natural on one side of the head.
- If the parting appears flat, flip hair on the opposite side from the side you need the parting on. Mist some hairspray and flip the hair back to the parting side and run fingers through your hair, till they appear smooth.