We loved Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha’s hair and makeup a few days as she promoted her film “Lootera” in a blue sari. She wore her hair in side-swept curls, choosing only eye liner, mascara and a natural pink lippie to round things off. She had sported the same with a Western ensemble some time ago, which proved to us the versatility of the look.
Hair DIY Sonakshi Sinha’s Everyday Traditional Indian Look
Let’s take a look at how you can go about emulating this laidback, low-maintenance but stylish look.
Always work on clean hair to the shiny, glossy look that the celebs sport so effortlessly.
- After your bath, while your hair is still damp (but not dripping), part it where you wish and apply a leave-in serum which imparts shine but mainly which holds curls in place.
- Blowdry your locks, but not so much that they are fully dry. There should still be a slight dampness to them when you touch them. While blow drying, scrunch your hair in your fist to encourage it to become curly.
- With your hands, bring your hair over to one side.
Sonakshi Sinha’s Traditional Indian Look – makeup & hairstyle
- Sonakshi’s flawless skin is the reason this almost-natural everyday look looks so good on her. So it is important to conceal spots and smalls car with a concealer or a light water-based foundation if you need heavier coverage. A primer underneath your foundation can really make a difference.
- Next, create a base for your eyes with nude eye shadow a shade darker than your skin tone so that it is barely perceptible except at close range.
- Then apply liner thickly on your upper eyelid, and a thinner application on your lower one.
- Finally, give your eyes a few swipes with the mascara wand so that they look perky and well-defined.
- Lightly dust the slightest bit of blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Complete your look with a natural pink lippie.
- Stick on a bindi if you are sporting a traditional ensemble.