At a recent event, Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone wowed everyone with her casual yet smart style. Barely there makeup and a fishtail braid sported on the side was part of the style statement she made.
Deepika Padukone Hairstyle: Side Fishtail Braid
We really liked the side fishtail braids and its voluminous feel and have compiled a quick tutorial here so that you can do it yourself.
Steps for making the side fishtail braid
- Start by voluminizing the hair near the front section. You can do this by either putting in large velcro rollers or by spraying a voluminizing hair spray.
- Once the hair has been voluminized, gather your hair to the side and divide it into two parts, unlike the three sections usually made for a normal braid.
- Now take a thin strand from the outer section of one part and place it on the inner side of that very part of the hair.
- After this, repeat the style with the opposite part of the hair.
- Keep on repeating step 3 and 4 till you reach the end of your hair. Secure it at the end by tying an elastic band or a scrunchie.
It is that easy to make a side fishtail braid! So, go ahead and sport the style that is seen on Deepika here.
Image: Indian Photo Agency