Intense sultry smokey eyes with barely there nude lips has been a classic trend for years. Such make-up draws attention to one’s eyes by playing down other features of the face, thus creating an aura of mysterious charm. It’s the perfect go-to glamour look for the coming winter festivities. Check out this step-by-step tip on how to achieve the ultimate smokey eyes.
Festive Makeup – Metallic Smokey Eyes with Nude Lips
For the face:
- Contour highlight kit
- Luminous powder
For the eyes:
- Shimmery metallic eye-shadow palette
- Black gel or liquid eye-liner
- Eye-brow pencil
And for the lips:
- Nude glossy lipstick or lip-gloss
Start with a clean face and apply the foundation, making sure it is blended well. Now contour and highlight, there many tutorials – the Kim-K, the clown or even artistic mehendi, they leave us spoilt for choice!
Instead of the classic dark shadow, we’ve used a slightly off-beat metallic shade. The eyes are given a smokey effect with shimmery grey metallic eye-shadow and defined with black eye pencil.
Indian Festive Makeup
- Use a lighter metallic silver eye-shadow on the inner corner of the upper eyelid
- The darker metallic-grey shadow will be applied lightly on the outer corner and over the crease of the upper eyelid.
- Blend either using a brush or your ring finger and slowly build up the intensity
- Highlight the brow-bone and define the brows using an eye-brow pencil
- Now tightline your eyes using the black gel liner
- With the same liner trace the upper and lower lash line, finishing off with a winged eye look.
- Tap a bit of the metallic eye-shadow and lightly dab on the mid portion of the lower eyelid.
- Finish off with mascara.
- You could add false lashes if you fancy one, it adds that extra drama.
- Apply a nude lipstick and top with clear gloss.
- Seal the final look by lightly dabbing luminous powder over your face.
The sultry smokey eye make-up is now done. Just perfect for the festive season!