Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna, is an auspicious festival which is celebrated with fervor and joy in India. Like with any festival in India, people like to dress up in their fineries on this day and look resplendent.
The festive colors to sport this Janmashtami are ‐ yellow, considered a favorite of Lord Krishna’s and orange, a color held auspicious by Hindu devotees. These two colors are not only vivid, bright and colorful but also have been a favorite with many designers who showed their collections on various fashion weeks this season.
Janmashtami Style Ideas ‐ How to Look Fabulous in Yellow and Orange
Tips to channel the yellow and orange trend on Janmashtami
- Opt for Indian outfits like anarkalis, salwar suits, sarees or lehengas that have at least a shade of yellow or orange in them, if not entirely.
- Go for the contrast effect, the combination of yellow and orange looks beautiful as we saw in the photos above. This can be emulated easily. Wear an orange blouse with a yellow saree or perhaps a yellow anarkali with an orange dupatta and churidar. You can always mix and match clothing items from your existing wardrobe.
- You can also choose an Indo Western look, if that is what you are more comfortable with, by wearing a smart top with a Rajasthani or Haryanvi style ghagra in yellow or orange. A dhoti pant in these colors will also look good. You can also opt for a pretty kurti top in these hues and wear regular denims with it.
- Another interesting idea on the Indo Western line is downplaying a lehenga (especially If you feel it is too heavy for the occasion) by wearing it with a simpler blouse or even a western style top. You can also skip the dupatta.
- Elements of yellow and orange can also be incorporated by wearing a bindi or accessories like bangles in these colors.
Janmashtami Style Ideas
As we always say, whatever you wear, ensure you have fun with it after all there lies an important chunk of excitement that is related to celebrations and festive occasions. So, this Janmashtami show your playful and perky side by wearing colors that are not only spunky but will surely be approved by the most exuberant of them all ‐ Lord Krishna himself! Happy Janmashtami.
Janmashtami Looks celebs inspired