Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Calendar Girls’, a highly anticipated 2015 release, had its trailor launch in Mumbai on August 19. Present during the event, along with Madhur were the film’s five calendar models – Ruhi Singh, Avani Modi, Akanksha Puri, Satarupa Pyne and Kyra Dutt. The story of the movie is based on the lives of five swimsuit models who gained popularity after having featured in the famous calendar.
Trailer of Calendar Girls by Madhur Bhandarkar launched
Madhur Bhandarkar disclosed that the storyline has been inspired by people like Vijay Mallya with whom he shared a warm relationship. Mr. Mallya had launched the renowned Kingfisher calendar, the pages of which inspired the filmmaker to make the film. He agreed that he spoke to Vijay Mallya about the movie and has plans to show him the contents.
Trailer of Calendar Girls launched
The trailer also showcased a connection between the glamorous modelling and cricket world. Said Madhur, the film has been based on 75 per cent reality and the remaining 25 per cent was fictional. It followed the story of the calendar girls, the struggles and changes that they go through and the career options that they finally choose. The famous filmmaker explained that he was not for or against the world of calendar girls, neither was he judgemental and that the storyline for the film has been picked from newspapers and the happenings of the society.
Trailer of Calendar Girls
‘Calendar Girls’, as he puts it, was just the ice berg that there are things in the sizzling world of calendar girls that can’t be shown. Bhandarkar is striving to get U/A certificate for the film so that the youths of the country can see it. He added that the Censor Board committee have shown appreciation and told him not to dilute or butcher the film from reality.